Performed by the (Seven gifted Choral Scholars from the choir of St John’s College, Cambridge together with the...
The Mandalay School for the Deaf provides financial and practical support for deaf and hearing-impaired children in Myanmar (formerly Burma).
We work primarily in partnership with two schools in Mandalay and Yangon to provide equipment, training, medical staff and volunteers.
More information about the very moving story behind this charity can be found here
Since its foundation in 2015 the Mandalay School for the Deaf has:
- Supported annual visits to Myanmar with audiologists, Teachers of the Deaf and specialist ENT doctors
- Provided hearing tests for children at both schools
- Provided hearing aids for children at both schools
- Conducted ear operations for life-threatening ear disease
- Helped to train Myanmar doctors and Teachers of the Deaf
- Provided specialist classroom equipment to schools in Mandalay and Yangon
- Enabled Myanmar ENT doctors to visit the UK